We at First Baptist Church believe that becoming a Christian is life’s most important decision. Here, from the Bible, is information that can help you become a Christian.
Things You must know:
• Even if you live a good moral life full of good deeds, there is sin in your life that prevents you from knowing God, and going to heaven. (“All people have sinned…”Romans 3:23. “The wages of sin is death.” Romans 6:23)
• By demonstrating His love and sending His Son Jesus, God has provided a way for us to know Him and go to heaven. (“For God sent Christ Jesus to take the punishment for our sins.” Romans 3:25)
• Only Christians have a relationship with God, and are guaranteed of a place in heaven. (“Jesus said, ‘No one can get to the Father, except by means of Me.’” John 14:6)
Things you must do:
• You must change your life’s direction. (“Now change your mind and attitude to God and turn to Him so He can cleanse away your sins.” Acts 3:19)
• You must place your faith in Jesus as your Savior and Lord. (“…Anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16)
Sincerely desire to change, ask for God’s forgiveness, and trust in God’s Son Jesus Christ — and you will become a Christian!
Things you will want to do:
- You will want to make your decision to follow Jesus public. The most appropriate means of professing your faith is through baptism. (“Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others He has saved you.” Psalms 107:2)
- You will want to become a part of a Christian assembly. (“Jesus said, ‘… I will build my church.’” Matthew 16:18. “Let us not neglect our church meetings.” Hebrews 10:25)
- You will want to mature in your faith and serve Christ to the best of your ability. (“God’s people will be equipped to do better work for Him.” Ephesians 4:12)
- You will want to live by God’s guidelines. (“Be sure to obey all [of God’s laws]. For only then will you succeed.” Joshua 1:8)
All Scripture quotations taken from “The Living Bible,” Copyright 1971, Tyndale House Publishers.